RICE BOWLS: DECONSTRUCTED
A Study In Geometric Shapes and Natural Textures, Part One
Give an idea of a recipe’s basic nutrition in a quick and artsy way through the use of geometric shapes and natural textures.
• Research, select, and modify recipes
• Sketch triangular layout of ingredients
• Purchase ingredients
• Set up photo studio with ladder, lighting, and triangular guides
• Physically arrange each ingredient
• Enhance white background and textures through digital editing in Lightroom
WHAT I LEARNED
This was one of the first design projects in which I incorporated a significant amount of analog process before polishing the project in the computer. After a couple years of focusing heavily on technical digital skills, this project reminded me how much I enjoy working with my hands, and how much imagination and wonder physicality can bring to a finished design piece.