TWELVE WINDOWS CALENDAR
A STUDY IN GEOMETRIC SHAPES AND NATURAL TEXTURES, PART TWO
Feature the natural textures of the earth occurring throughout the year by juxtaposing them with geometric shapes.
• Sketch possible layouts
• Finalize layout in Illustrator and print on card stock
• Cut out semi-circles and month names using vinyl cutter
• Place physical frames on different natural backgrounds and photograph
• Fix perspective and lighting of photographs in Photoshop
• Layout photographs with text in InDesign
• Print and bind calendar
WHAT I LEARNED
I created this calendar around the same time I was working on the Deconstructed Rice Bowls, and once again greatly enjoyed incorporating analog methods into my process. This project, however, specifically showed me how rewarding it is to pair analog-sourced content with digital editing. The analog aspect brings joy and personality into the work, while the digital aspect allows for a high level refinement not otherwise achievable.